Armed Driver Guard ($19.25 per hour to start!)
Loomis Armored Roseburg, OR, 476 Industrial Dr, Roseburg, Oregon, United States of America Req #2587
Thursday, May 25, 2023
With a network of nearly 200 branches, Loomis armored transportation, cash management centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career advancement and job satisfaction.
In fact, many of our company's managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be.
Come join our team!
Position Pays: $19.25 per hour unarmed | $20.21 per hour armed + successful ATM training
What You'll Do:
- $5k Sign On Bonus with Active Armed DPSST Permit
As an Armed Driver Guard, you work with your team to ensure the safe and secure pickup and delivery of cash, coin, and valuables.
- Drive automatic armored vehicles and other vehicles on designated routes servicing customer locations.
- Service ATMs and Smart Safes
- Service customer stops, including delivering customer change orders and picking up deposits.
- Load/unload vehicle cargo including multiple bags and boxes of coins.
- Count items, record, and sign for cargo items
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What You'll Need:
- Full-time schedule potentially consisting of an average of 40 to 50 hours/week, with a minimum of 5 days during a 6-day period. Occasional weekend work
- Approximately 90-95 percent of work performed in air-conditioned vehicles within individual compartments (front and rear)
** Loomis will pay for security and firearms qualifications, licensing, and permitting. ** Essential Duties:
- At least 21 years of age
- At least a 3-year driving record
- Ability to obtain Medical Examiners Certificate via US Department of Transportation approved medical examiners.
- Valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms requirements may be required.
As part of the qualification process for the Armed Driver Guard position, a Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) is required. This evaluation requires the successful completion of testing in the following areas:
- 25lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 66 inches from the floor (1X)
- 18lbs vertical lift from 1 inch to 44 inches from the floor, and horizontally transfer 15ft (4X)
- 18lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 36 inches from the floor and horizontally transfer 300ft (1X)
- 50lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 36 inches from the floor and horizontally transfer 2ft (2X)
- Horizontally transfer 47lbs of force on a sled (single, non-dominant arm), a distance of 1ft (2X)
- Repetitive Coupling:
- Squeeze Jamar Hand Dynamometer requiring forces up to 30lbs / both right & left hands (4X)
- Ascend / Descend a step with heights of 16. 21 & 24 inches from the floor (10X)
Loomis offers one of the most comprehensive employee benefits packages in the industry, which includes:
- Vacation and Sick Time (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Basic Life Insurance Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Industry-leading Training and Development
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.Other details
- Job Family DOT
- Job Function Armed Driver Guard
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.25
- Max Hiring Rate $20.21