Balance & Audit Clerk
Jackson, MS, USA
• Loomis Armored Jackson, MS, 1625 Handy Ave, Jackson, Mississippi, United States of America Req #3331
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
With a network of nearly 200 branches, Loomis armored transportation, cash management centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career advancement and job satisfaction. In fact, many of our company's managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our team!
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Review balancing documentation for all customer currency, coin and ATM inventories, ATM balancing transactions, and daily teller activity for accuracy. Balance and reconcile accounts daily. Investigate and follow up on open or exception items and provide daily status. Participate in verification of discrepancies as directed by CMS Supervisor.
- Assist CMS Supervisor in conducting random inventory and teller audits.
- Perform customer service actions in communications with Loomis customers to identify and resolve problems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Review ATM Service orders to ensure each ATM serviced is in balance. Research and reconcile any and all out-of-balance ATMs within 24 hours of verification of residual cash or cash add service. Request, track, and review audits of out of balance ATMs. Contact all customers on all unresolved ATM differences and reconcile ATM with customer internal record. Report all unresolved ATM differences to Cash Management Services Manager and/or Branch Manager and/or Loss Prevention Manager.
- Review all CMS related documentation, including but not limited to ATM Service Orders, documentation of physical count of inventories, processing reports, balance sheets, liability transfer documentation, shipping, and order documentation etc., to ensure compliance with Loomis standards. Ensure physical count documentation, internal calculation of inventory balance, and customized reports to customer balance and indicate an in-balance condition. Track return documentation and insure it is corrected and returned to Balance and Audit.
- Ensure all documentation is prepared and delivered to customers, including customer specific paperwork in the normal course of processing change orders, deposits and or balancing inventories. Insure documentation balances to internal documentation.
- Advise Cash Management Services Supervisor of instances where Loomis standards are not met. Suggest changes to processing and/or documentation that will help bring CMS operation into compliance.
- Review, track and monitor currency and coin levels in customer inventories and ATM's. Be prepared to advise customers to sell excess inventory, restock inventory and change ATM replenishment amounts to improve and reduce customer cash balances.
- Receive and file all CMS related documentation. Ensure all documentation of all work processed for any customer is filed together by day, by customer and by ATM. Maintain 90 days of historical CMS documentation in the Balance and Audit office, and 3 years (or time period specified by customer contract) historical CMS documentation in branch archival storage.
- Assist CMS Manager/Supervisor, Branch or General Manager, Loss Prevention Manager, Division Security Manager, Corporate Security staff and customers to resolve any and all differences in ATM and CMS Operations.
- Support CMS Supervisor by receiving and addressing customer telephone calls. Identify, sort and mail customer receipts weekly.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Minimum two years higher education or two to three years reconciliation experience, preferably in banking and/or related experience in Loomis CMS Operations. Experience with PC and applications software, including MS Office. Good interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills are required.
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.Other details
- Job Family Hourly
- Job Function Cash Management Service Teller
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.50