Springfield, VA, USA Req #3992
Saturday, November 18, 2023
With a network of nearly 200 branches, Loomis armored transportation, cash management centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career advancement and job satisfaction. In fact, many of our company's managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our team!
Pay Range: $30.00 to $35.00 per hour.
Shift: 1:00 PM to 9:00PM Mon thru Fri
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on all company vehicle types per company policy.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems.
- Document all vehicle repair and inspection information using our maintenance software program.
- Perform inventory and order parts, supplies, as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment per company standards.
- Required operational knowledge of diesel equipment and tools normally associated with the troubleshooting and repairs of gasoline and diesel truck equipment.
- Knowledge of International diesel medium-duty trucks as well as Ford gas and diesel engines is preferred.
- Must be able to accurately perform preventive maintenance to fleet vehicles, have the ability to identify component failures, worn or damaged parts, diagnose and troubleshoot vehicle systems, and produce quality repairs.
- Ability to read and understand technical service manuals, repair orders, labels, and gauges.
- Must possess a valid driver's license (C or better) and meet qualifications as outlined in section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
- Unrestricted ability to walk, stand, bend, stoop, squat, lift (up to 50 lbs.), push, pull, climb, and lie on back in a horizontal position for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to communicate verbally using telephone for ordering parts and supplies as need.
- Ability to hoist any size vehicle with lift device (vehicle jack) using foot and arm pumping motion.
- Work is performed in a heated enclosed structure. Environment involves chemical handling,
- gasoline/diesel fumes and intermittent high noise exposure.
- Full-time schedule consists of a minimum 40-hour work week.
- Must meet DOT standards to achieve brake and annual inspection certifications. A minimum of 1 year experience or a certificate from an approved training program.
- Basic hand tools required.
- ASE or manufacture certification is a plus.
As part of the qualification process for the Mechanic position, a Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) is required. This evaluation requires successful completion of testing in the following areas: *
- 25lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 66 inches from the floor (1X)
- 8lbs vertical lift from 1 inch to 44 inches from the floor, and horizontally transfer 15ft (4X)
- -18lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 36 inches from the floor and horizontally transfer 300ft (1X)
- -50lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 36 inches from the floor and horizontally transfer 2ft (2X)
- Horizontally transfer 47lbs of force on a sled (single, non-dominant arm), a distance of 1ft (2X)
- Repetitive Coupling:
- Squeeze Jamar Hand Dynamometer requiring forces up to 30lbs / both right & left hands (4X each)
Loomis offers one of the most comprehensive employees benefit packages in the industry, which includes:
- Vacation and Sick Time (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Basic Life Insurance Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Industry leading Training and Development
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.Other details
- Job Family Hourly
- Job Function Fleet Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $30.00
- Max Hiring Rate $35.00