Shop - Mechanic Helper
Miami, FL, USA Req #2456
Thursday, January 19, 2023
With a network of nearly 200 branches, Loomis armored transportation, cash management centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career advancement and job satisfaction. In fact, many of our company's managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our team!
- Service and repair of all fleet vehicles.
- Perform preventive maintenance (lube, oil
change, replace belts, hoses, inspect brakes, repack bearings, check tires, on
all size vehicles. Must perform per month.
- Diagnose and effectively repair mechanical,
engine and electrical
irregularities/malfunctions on all size vehicles.
- Drive automatic and standard shift vehicles
for testing, transfer, and pick-up/delivery of parts.
- Perform inventory and order parts, supplies,
- Ability to read and understand technical
service manuals, repair orders, labels, and gauges (in English).
Ability to write work orders, purchase
- Ability to communicate verbally (in English)
using telephone for ordering parts and supplies.
- Possession of valid driver's license and
ability to drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles from 2,000
to 50,000 lbs. in size.
- Unrestricted ability to walk, stand, bend,
stoop, squat, lift (up to 50 lbs.), push, pull, climb, and lie on back in
horizontal position for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to hoist any size vehicle with lift
device (vehicle jack) using foot and arm pumping motion.
- Ability to lift and hold parts (weighing up
to ___________ lbs.) in position while lying on back in horizontal position on
- Work is performed in a semi-enclosed
structure and outdoors. Environment involves chemical handling, gasoline/diesel
fumes and intermittent high noise exposure.
- Full-time schedule consists of an average of
40 hours per week for a 5-day period.
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.Other details
- Job Family Hourly
- Job Function Fleet Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, January 19, 2023